l

Monday, November 21, 2005

Hey you Ernest, I'm the real Ernest here

My quest to have the real "Ernest Cheah" (me, of course) searchable through google or yahoo ended in futility. The somewhat goal of this blog was to achieve that dream but somehow that doesn't seem to work. Just like in real life, it should work theoretically but most of the time it doesn't. Anyway as a certain popular American Idol cast-off said, "I already gave my best and I have no regrets at all."

Seems like there are 2 other Ernest Cheahs in this world, making it 3 overall. One seems to be a 18 year old guy in KL and another seems to have put his name in a guest book in a Langkawi hotel while the last one is you know who. Ernest is a not so common name and I could never have imagine another Cheah would name his son Ernest. Personally, I do know a nice Ernest from my hometown Ipoh but thankfully his last name is different. That is so surreal. One time I was in the elevator at work and I was so surprised to see "Ernest" printed across a chinese guy's employee badge. I was so tempted to say, "Hi Ernest, I'm Ernest. Nice to meet you."

Imagine in the Book of Life, a few Christians across history with the name of Ernest Cheah and a few other very sinful Ernest Cheahs. Since it was mentioned in the bible that our names will be written in the Book of Life, then I do wonder whether the Book of Life has other information to differentiate all these Ernest Cheahs? Birth cert #, IC #, Social Security #, date of birth, pictures, thumb prints. Imagine the population of earth to be billions and not counting those who had died long time ago. What is the possibility of a 0.00000000000000001% error? A mix-up between a holy Ernest Cheah and sinful Ernest Cheah would be preposterous - the good one would be sent to hell and the bad one to heaven. Imagine a cunning Ernest Cheah might also steal the identity of a holy Ernest Cheah during judgement day. Haha... When we stand judged by God for a sin we might have forgot or refuse to admit, we can reply, "God, errr... I did not do it. Errr... is there any possibility that it was done by the other Ernest Cheah?" At least for those destined for hell, there's a possibility of the judgement being delayed since God has to search the big database and gather additional witnesses for a re-trial. Ahhh, it might also be a good idea for churches now to have a very profitable business and even increase attendance by selling after-life identity theft protection.

OK, the last paragraph is just some vivid imagination and written in a joking way. Our God is all-knowing and we can't even fathom His greatness and majesty. Amen?

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Bee said...

LOL.. makes me want to search if there's another 'ME' out there. Maybe the book of life has our pics, that way there would be no mix-up?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Laurence Lee said...

Ernest Cheah, you have a vivid imagination. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home