l

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Love So Beautiful


As we are preparing to break for the Thanks giving holidays (4 day holiday weekend, Thursday to Sunday), I received an email titled "Wedding Invitation :-)" from an old friend from college. I had known her for slightly more than 10 years. I can still remember I was a pimply, blurry-eyed teenager then, trying to grow up and become a man. It was my first time leaving the comforts of home and fend for myself. Housemates, roommates and friends began to replace family. Coming from an all-boys school, it was also my first time being in class with girls, and also having girls for housemates. It was new and weird! She was one of the few girls in our male dominated engineering foundation class. It was also the first time that I went into a girl's room other than my sister's. Ahh... college days was one of the best years of my life!

Anyway, back to Miss D. We met her on our stop in Singapore during our honeymoon. It was nice to see her again together with another college friend Miss I. I can still remember what D mentioned to me over dinner. She has been a Christian for a long time and as she grew older, Mr Right hasn't come along yet. There were times when she felt that she felt desperate to just simply grab anybody but eventually she waited patiently. Finally one day she met her prince charming in the caregroup. It was so beautiful and I can feel the joy in their union and picture. I pray that they will have a wonderful marriage!

I have a few good single female Christian friends. They are attractive, intelligent, friendly, Godly and very eligible. Every church I attended even including the one in Chandler, this trend seems to continue. What does Christian women want? What does Christian men lack? Is Christian dating a taboo in church? I did ask a few female friends and their answer was just simply 3 words: good Christian man. That doesn't seem too hard but unfortunately in most churches there's a lot more "good Christian"s (but not man enough to lead/initiate) , "Christian man"s (but not good enough in his daily walk) and also "good man" (but not Christian) than the whole package - the "good Christian man"s.



To end, I do like to attend weddings especially Christian weddings. Probably that is why I have an inner desire to matchmake my Christian friends. This reminds me of my wedding 1.5 years ago which seems to be an eternity ago. Marriage brought out the best and worst of me and it opened up my eyes that our other half can look different if they know how to apply make-up to bring out the best of their features. Where's my personal make-up assistant?

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Laurence Lee said...

Haha...! I'd like to tell everyone that Ernest is a "good Christian man".

Ernest, I really like that picture of you and Lila together. Wishing the two of you a marriage that will continually reflect the love of Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home