l

Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Gradual Change of Perspectives

I have realized that as I became older, I have not just become wiser but also more cynical, negative and passionless. I remembered the first few years as a working adult, friends would ask me, "How's life?" and my reply was always, "Life sucks". And life was indeed like that. Was it because of the circumstances around me which really suck or was it because of my internal perspective of life?

I finally decide to gradually change my perspective. This blog started with the title "The Mundane Life". My perspective was that life is boring and uninteresting. But when I looked around me and some of the things I wrote, there seems to be an abundance which I had not appreciated. The simple joys, the nitty bitty details and the people whom I love are just a small portion of it. I've realized that my perspective actually personifies my character. So I've decided to change the title of this blog to "The Abundant Life" to view life with positive lenses. Since Jesus said in John 10:10, "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly". Hence I should start living my life like that.

Talking about lenses, there is a powerful NASA telescope called the Hubble which takes wonderful pictures of our galaxy. Many of the pictures can be found at www.hubblesite.org (at least some of the hard earned tax dollars are put to good use here). I became interested in astronomy after attending a Chris Tomlin/Matt Redman concert whereby my interest was piqued by the message from Louie Giglio, the founder of the Passion movement. He talked about the vastness of our universe and the awesomeness of our God. One of the more exotic galaxies shown was the Whirlpool Galaxy (or scientically called M51 or NGC 5194) which is 31 million light years away from our planet.

At the core of this Whirlpool Galaxy is this X structure. I find it pretty amazing when this picture is compared to the picture of the Cross above. Just like the lyrics of the song Indescribable:

"Indescribable, Uncontainable, You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name, You are amazing God. All powerful, Untameable, Awestruck we fall to our knees and we humbly proclaim, You are amazing God."

6 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Ernest Cheah said...

Hi Sasha W,
Been curious to know who you are? How do I find you to discuss this? :P

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Bee said...

Agree, can't help feeling the awesomeness of God when looking at the Whirlpool Galaxy.

Looks like it was a great CT/Matt Redman concert! Any pics to share?

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Ernest Cheah said...

Yeah, though I had sent this through email to some, was thinking about to let others know, especially some non Christian friends.

Sigh, I don't know why some concerts doesn't allow cameras. So sneaked some pics from my camera phone. It looked dark and small so didn't put it in.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Ernest Cheah said...

Ahh... let me see... let me ask Maria Sharapova. Ahhh... ALEX!!! :)

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post.. abundant sounds better than mundane anytime :)

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to think that human spend millions to build telescope to see the wonder of God's creation when human desecrate the world God worked on for 6 days with wars and bombings.

World Peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home